The internationally acclaimed, 8th annual Hotel Investment Conference Africa (HICA), to be held September 14-16, 2014, at the Maslow Hotel in Johannesburg, South Africa, promises to showcase a stellar line up of business leaders in the field of hotel development, investment and tourism.
HICA speakers this September 2014 include:
• Mossadek Bally, Founder, Chairman and CEO, Azalai Hotel Group
• Phillippe Baretaud, Senior VP and Head of Development Africa&Middle East, Accor
• Hubert Danso, CEO&Vice Chairman, Africa Investor Media
• Joop Demes, CEO, Pam Golding Hospitality
• Neil George, Senior VP for Acquisitions and Development, Starwood Hotels & Resorts
• Arthur Gillis, Chief Executive Officer, Protea Hospitality Group, Non-Executive Chairman, Africa Development, Marriott International
• Keith Kefgen, CEO&Managing Director, AETHOS Consulting Group
• Alex Kyriakidis, President and Managing Director, Middle East&Africa, Marriott International
• Dr. Shingi Munyeza, Group CEO of African Sun Hotels
• Andre Pottas, Deloitte Africa Corporate Finance Advisory leader and leader of Infrastructure and Capital Projects for Africa
• Mark Satterfield, Chief Operating Officer, Middle East&Africa, Marriott International
HICA sponsors including Best Western Hotels and the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) will also actively participate in the Conference.
The conference will be held in Johannesburg, widely regarded as Africa’s business center and the gateway to the Continent. To grow this premier hospitality development and investment platform, the Tourism Business Council of South Africa (TBCSA) has joined forces with the (province of) Gauteng Tourism Agency and HDG Advisory, a hospitality consultancy firm with operations in both South Africa and the United States, and Pam Golding Hospitality, a regional hospitality investment advisory and consultancy based in South Africa, and supporter of HICA since the Conference launched in 2007.
According to TBCSA CEO, and HICA Conference Director Ms. Mmatšatši Ramawela, “HICA is renowned for its relevant program and high caliber of keynote speakers and panelists. Now in Joburg, we are also bringing this important Conference to the center of hospitality for the region’s leading hotel operations and management companies.”
Stuart K. Smith, CHA, Managing Director of HDG Advisory hospitality consultants and HICA Planning Committee member adds, “Johannesburg is widely regarded as sub- Saharan Africa’s business concourse, and thus the location is instrumental for our industry’s development community. South Africa leads the vision for what is possible for the entire Continent. And with representation from some of the leading hospitality players, global and regional, in the Continent, HICA 2014 is sure to be a dynamic and productive event.”
“HICA would not be the same without a discussion on policies to support the growth of tourism and hospitality in the region,” Ramawela adds.
For more information about HICA 2014, visit www.hica.co.za