“Sustainability is a growing focus for us,” said Krister Svensson, General Manager of The St. Regis Bangkok. “We believe in adopting an integrated approach that resonates through our daily operating procedures, our partnerships within the local community and in our offerings to our customers and guests. We are particularly excited to launch our Sustainable Meeting Practices, a program we hope will help meet our clients’ sustainability goals as it helps us reach ours.”
Sustainable Meetings at The St. Regis Bangkok is guided by Starwood Sustainable Meeting Practices and incorporates five core categories:
• Paperless Meeting Planning –The use of digital sales tools such as the proprietary e-brochures, e-proposals, e-menus and the StarGroups booking system is encouraged.
• Sustainable Meeting Services – When paper products are needed, materials made from recycled and recyclable content are provided; linen-less meeting tables is encouraged and potted plant displays replace fresh cut flowers. The use of eco-friendly non-paper tools such as LED signage and white boards are offered, green printing services are available as are recycling services through a back-of-the-house waste management system. In addition, the hotel can organise green transportation services through grouping guests and employing environmentally friendly vehicles.
• Sustainable Food & Beverage Practices – Sustainable food menu options using locally sourced sustainable food and beverages which incorporate a wide selection of vegetarian choices and reduced animal proteins to encourage lower energy food preparation. Coffee and tea are locally grown. Seafood and meats are procured from responsible sources and herbs are grown in local organic herb gardens. All food is delivered in environmentally-friendly packaging. Filtered drinking water is served in glasses and the use of plastic bottled water is discouraged. All organic waste is composted.
• Impact Assessment Tools – A Meetings Impact Report can be generated for clients that will show the impact of their meeting on the environment.
• Socially Conscious Activities – The hotel will recommend a Carbon Offset Program to meeting attendees who are interested in further extending their contribution to the environment. In addition, other socially conscious activities can be arranged such as donations to non-profit organisations for the development and support of conservation projects.
Sustainable Meetings at The St. Regis Bangkok can be arranged for an additional THB300++ per delegate per day.