Banff National Park, the Town of Banff and the hamlet of Lake Louise were fortunate to have escaped many of the direct impacts of last week’s storm. Spirits are up and Banff is OPEN for business.
The recent severe weather triggered flooding in many communities across southern Alberta, cutting off key transportation routes, disrupting power and water supplies, and interrupting communication channels.
The coordinated efforts of the Town of Banff, Parks Canada, and the RCMP, ensured public safety at all times. The Town of Banff’s water supply was never compromised and continuity of essential services was maintained.
Today, the majority of the national park’s highways have been cleared for travel. Our park information centres are busy welcoming visitors. And our businesses, from lodging to restaurants, retail to attractions, are welcoming guests.
What Travellers Need to Know:
· Airport shuttle companies have resumed service between the Calgary International Airport and Banff National Park.
· There is unrestricted visitor access to Banff and Lake Louise via Hwy 93 North (the Icefields Parkway).
· There is unrestricted visitor access to Banff and Lake Louise via Hwy 93 South.
· The Trans-Canada Highway is open to and from Banff from the west.
· Local Roam bus service has resumed operation.
· Most major attractions and classic national park visitor experiences are open.
· Food and fuel supplies have been restored.
Intensely proud of its heritage as Canada’s first national park, businesses this past week were steadfastly responsive to visitor needs, while the local volunteer community stepped up efforts to help visitors and residents alike. Banff National Park looks forward to hosting visitors and extending a world-class welcome throughout the entire exciting summer season.
About Banff Lake Louise Tourism
Banff Lake Louise is a destination marketing organization for the Town of Banff, Community of Lake Louise and Banff National Park. Supporting over 800 businesses, our mission is to engage visitors in unrivalled, remarkable experiences with our membership.
For media inquiries, please contact Mary Morrison, Manager, Travel Media Relations at 403.762.0290 or email@example.com.