ST. JULIAN’S, Malta - Malta’s five-star Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay has unveiled its new package, “The Gozo Movie Tour,” designed to showcase the stunning scenery of the Maltese archipelago, chosen as the movie location and honeymoon destination by Angelina Jolie Pitt and husband Brad Pitt for their latest movie “By the Sea.” This exclusive package, available on corinthia.com, features a day-trip to Gozo – a chance to explore the island’s historic gems and hidden bays, visit the filming locations of “By the Sea,” and meet some of the background talent involved in the making of the movie. Please see below for a full overview.
Situated at the water’s edge, Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay is five-star hotel boasting panoramic views over the sparkling Mediterranean. The exclusive “The Gozo Movie Tour” package features a day-trip to Gozo, including a visit to the capital Victoria and Gharb, the island’s oldest village Gharb. But the highlight remains the stunning, secluded bay Mgarr-Ix-Xini Fjord, where “By the Sea” was shot and which CNN listed as one of “10 places to see before they're changed forever” in 2015. Guests booking these private trips, which ends at the renowned Azure Window, will be chauffeur-driven in private cars and speedboats, promising ultimate comfort and flexibility.
Set in the French Riviera but filmed in picturesque Gozo, “By the Sea” was written and directed by Angelina Jolie-Pitt and stars herself and husband, Brad Pitt. The movie is set in mid-1970s France and centers on the couple’s deteriorating marriage. Former dancer Vanessa and her husband, American writer Roland, travel the country together, but they seem to be growing apart. When they linger in one quiet, seaside town – filmed in Gozo – the couple begin to draw close to some of its more vibrant inhabitants, such as a local café-keeper and a hotel owner.
“It has been such a fulfilling experience to shoot By the Sea in Malta, and I am honored to have spent time on this beautiful island learning about its rich history and fascinating culture,” commented Angelina Jolie Pitt once filming was completed in the summer of 2014.
Malta has a proven track record with 90 years’ of history as a film location, dating back to 1925. “By the Sea” is the third movie Brad Pitt has shot on the island, following “World War Z” and “Troy.” Hundreds of different productions have been partly or entirely filmed in Malta, including Robin Williams’ 1980 “Popeye,” “Game of Thrones,” “Captain Phillips,” “Gladiator,” “The Da Vinci Code,” “Munich,” and many more. Over the summer of 2015, Malta also acted as the filming location for highly-anticipated 2016 releases including “Assassin’s Creed” starring Michael Fassbender, “The Promise” starring Christian Bale and new TV series “You, Me and the Apocalypse” starring Rob Lowe.
Follow in the footsteps of “Brangelina” with the following day-trip to Gozo (1:00-8:00), fully included in Corinthia’s “The Gozo Movie Tour” package:
• Private transfer from Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay to Mtarfa, the departure point for the speedboat to Gozo.
• Jet across to Gozo on the same speedboat used by the celebrity couple to location scout for their latest movie, “By the Sea.”
• Tour of the Comino Caves, Blue Lagoon and the hidden Crystal Lagoon. On the way to Gozo, the speedboat will take a detour via Comino, the smallest of the Maltese islands, where guests can explore the hidden spots where Brad and Angelina would come to dive and spend time on their private yacht during their honeymoon in Gozo.
• Arrival by speedboat in Gozo.
• A drive through the scenic roads of Gozo’s hills, showcasing the rural beauty of the island and the same roads ventured on by “Brangelina.”
• Visit Mgarr-Ix-Xini Fjord, where the set for “By the Sea” was built, and enjoy a refreshment at the Kiosk which featured as the little village shop in the movie.
• Afterwards, visit the Ta’ Cenc Cliffs and the area where the celebrity couple were staying with their crew during the filming.
• Tour of Victoria and the citadel. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Pitt were spotted in Victoria, the capital of Gozo, on numerous occasions during the filming of “By the Sea” and while on their honeymoon, spending some of their free time there. It was here that Angelina had a gold watch engraved – a present which she gave to Brad after their wedding.
• Visit of Gharb, Gozo’s oldest village which dates back to 1679, where certain scenes in “By the Sea” were filmed.
• A final pit stop at the Azure Window, to enjoy a sunset aperitif. Angelina Jolie would go jogging and training here.
Optional additional activities to the package above:
• A four-course dinner at the authentic Ta’ Frenc Restaurant in Gozo on the day of the tour. This restaurant acted as the set for a key scene in the movie. Cost: €45 ($48) per person, excluding beverages.
• An additional two hours’ stop, by private speedboat, at the Blue Lagoon and Crystal Lagoon on Comino, with Prosecco and traditional Gozitan snacks. Cost: €20 ($22) per person.
Package price starts at €230 ($342) per room per night, and is valid for bookings of three nights or more. To book, please see http://www.corinthia.com/hotels/malta/malta_stgeorgesbay/offers/entertainment/by-the-sea/
Package Price Includes:
• Current special offer on accommodation
•Luxury accommodation in the room category of your choice
• Daily buffet breakfast for two
• Transport to and from the speedboat on the day of the tour
• Custom-made tour as outlined in program
• Full use of the spa facilities, indoor pool, fitness center and sauna at the Apollo Spa
Terms and Conditions:
• Minimum length of stay: 3 nights
• Rates are based on two guests sharing and are inclusive of VAT
• Tour is weather permitting and subject to availability
• Client is to specify desired date of tour at booking stage
• Pick up time is 1:00 pm on date of your choice
• Supplement of €95 ($103) per person for each additional individual over and above 2 guests
• Return to hotel at approx. 8:00 pm
• Reservation may be cancelled free of charge up to 72 hours before arrival
• Late cancellation or no-show will incur a charge of the first night
• “The Gozo Movie Tour” package is valid till 12/31/2016 inclusive
CorinthiaHotelStGeorgesBay - Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CorinthiaHotelStGeorgesBay
@corinthiasg – Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/corinthiasg/
@corinthiasg – Twitter: https://twitter.com/corinthiasg
For more information on Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay, visit http://www.corinthia.com/stgeorgesbay/
About Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay
Located in the culturally vibrant and historically pivotal St. Julian’s, the Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay is a world-class resort that offers the perfect balance of tranquility, panoramic views of the Mediterranean, culinary delights and leisurely activities. The resort boasts 141 rooms, 70 Executive Club rooms and 38 suites, all with a private balcony, as well as 5 pools, a private rocky beach and direct access to the Mediterranean Sea. With an excellent selection of elegant and al fresco eateries, celebrity-chef run Caviar & Bull, poolside dining and the top-class Pearl Lounge, the hotel’s restaurants and bars are some of the best of the area. The Apollo Day Spa, water sports centre and state-of-the art fitness center ensure guests can all unwind in their individual way. Corinthia St. George’s Bay is a 21st-century luxury seafront resort located on the shore of the Mediterranean Sea. Opened in 1995, the Corinthia St. George’s Bay was created with a passion for craftsmanship and an understanding of world-class service. Corinthia St. George’s Bay is a member of Corinthia Hotels’ collection of five-star hotels, founded by the Pisani family of Malta. For more information, visit http://www.corinthia.com/stgeorges or visit Facebook Corinthia St. George’s Bay or Instagram @corinthiasg
|Malta from above|
|TheAzure Window in Gozo|