France, on the weekend of March 28 and 29, will across the mainland and the regions, including Reunion Island, showcase and highlight how people with disabilities can travel, stay, and explore.
Reunion Island’s Saga du Rhum Museum in fact last year won national recognition for making their premises and the tour more user friendly for people living with disabilities and this year will again be at the forefront. The museum will be organizing tours over that weekend and has partnered with the nearby Hotel Dimitile to allow for visitors to stay over at reduced rates.
It is estimated that 10 percent of France’s population is living with disabilities of various natures, some of course very severe, which over the past decades prompted a rethink in hospitality, tourism, and aviation businesses to allow them to travel with dignity and find suitable arrangements in their rooms and elsewhere.
Reunion Island Tourism (IRT) has just released the program for the weekend which reads as follows:
Saturday, March 28, 2015
• Visit to French Sign Language (LSF) at 10.00h and 14.00h with the assistance of Sourds.re association. A prior booking / reservation is required by calling: 0262 35 81 90
Saturday and Sunday, March 18 & 29, 2015
• Free access to the museum to persons with a disability – Reduced entrance fee for accompanying adults
• Multi-sensory tours to suit all
• Free provision of audio-guides and induction loops for the hearing impaired
This year, the museum has partnered with Dimitile Hotel which holds a Tourism & Handicap label. Located in the Entre-Deux, visitors to the Saga du Rhum will have the opportunity to extend their stay in the south of the island, through special deals put in place by the hotel for the weekend:
• If booking a room from Friday, March 27, to Sunday, March 29, i.e., for two nights, the hotel restaurant invites guests, including a caretaker, for dinner, excluding drinks
• When booking two consecutive nights on a half-board meal plan, a reduction of nearly 30% will be applied to the total amount due, food included.
Anyone wishing to take advantage of these offers needs to use the following password when booking: ISAUTIER. For added information about Reunion Island click on www.reunion.fr