Golden Holidays is offering an impactful holiday combination, working closely with high-end hotels with well-known hospitality brands in selected destinations. The all-new packages are expected to cater to the ever-changing travel trends, especially when it comes to destination selection, types of holidays, and tour choices.
Quality is of the utmost importance and is translated into a 5-kites or 4-kites internal hotel rating by Golden Holidays, ensuring that customer truly enjoys the facilities and services on the ground without compromising the value of a great holiday.
In managing different holiday demands from all type of travelers, Golden Holidays assembled a standard 3-night Taste of City Escapes, focusing on major destinations in the network of Malaysia Airlines. This package targets prominent cities of the world for their attractions, culture and heritage, or adventure, emphasizing the branded services with better room types, upgraded transportation quality, and flying on award-winning Malaysia Airlines.
True to its motto of providing new experiences, Golden Holidays selected Myanmar as its next destination of choice.
A TASTE OF YANGON
Myanmar was selected for its vast, beautiful country that still retains a greater part of its traditional values and culture. This “Golden Land” sits at the crossroads of Asia’s great civilizations - India and China - and looks out onto the vast Indian Ocean next to Thailand. Myanmar stretches from the sparkling islands of the Andaman Sea in the south, right up to the Eastern Himalayan mountains range. To this day, Myanmar remains one of the most mysterious and undiscovered destinations in the world. This is an enchanted land of Buddhism offering breathtaking beauty and charm, while only beginning to emerge into the modern world.
The “4days/3nights Taste of Yangon” tour brings travelers the experience of utmost comfort, staying at prestigious hotels such as the Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon. This hotel is one of the prominent landmarks of hospitality in Yangon, being a 5-star city hotel located on the historic Royal Lake in the heart of Yangon. The seamless blend of colonial style and Asian revival architecture exudes the warmth, elegance, and calmness of a 5-star ambience. Each room features a wood-accented decor, traditional fabrics, cultural tapestries, and locally-crafted furniture of Myanmar.
A full-day city tour of Yangon is included to give customers a brief orientation of the city, with a visit to prominent landmarks and glimpses of life off-the-beaten tracks. This complimentary sightseeing tour gives a sense of familiarity of the place whereby customers can later self-explore or purchase another optional sightseeing tour. In this full-day tour, travelers will visit the following:
• Shwedagon Pagoda: Visit the 107-meter-high golden Stupa of Shwe Dagon Paya as it glitters in the soft light of the morning. The golden stupa is the “heart” of Buddhist Myanmar. It is believed to be 2,500 years old, and the central stupa is surrounded by dozens of intricately-decorated buildings and statues. There are always many Myanmar people praying and making offerings at Shwedagon, and it's a fascinating place to spend time watching the world go by.
• Chauk-htat-gyi the reclining Buddha: Visit the huge 70-meter-long reclining Buddha named Chauk-htut-gyi and its monastic compounds.
• National Museum: This modest but intriguing museum houses artefacts from the last kingdom and the Sihasanna (Lion Throne) stands 8 meters high, which belonged to King Thibaw, along with royal regalia from the 19th century of the last Burmese kings from the Kong Bound dynasty. The artefacts of various ancient periods, articles of cultural heritage and archaeological value, arts and crafts articles, weaponry, musical instruments, and paintings can be seen here.
• Walking Tour: On this tour, visitors have the chance to explore on their own. They may choose to walk through from the Strand Hotel along Pansodan Street near the Sule Pagoda, and enjoy a moment to admire the bustle of the street and the architecture of the buildings. Of course to enjoy the daily life of this area means tasting the delicious local foods, bargaining for rare arts and crafts, and of course, lots of “selfie” moments.
• Visit to the Bogyoke Aung San Market: For a wide selection of Myanmar souvenirs, handicrafts, and other local products, this is the place to be. Look for one-of-a-kind souvenirs that will bring back memories years after this remarkable trip, and do not miss out on getting local crafts, beautiful fabrics, and so much more to take home. (Note that the market is closed on Mondays and public holidays.)
• Options: Do not limit yourself to shopping and sightseeing. If you wish, why not visit a local wholesale market to experience the full circle of the Myanmar life style.
• Visit a local tea shop: Enjoy an amazing brew of some real "lapae yea" - a black tea mixed with some sweetened condensed milk and sugar.
• Take a local circle train ride for a journey to the outskirts of Yangon: This slowly-traveling train provides unique opportunities to observe the life of the rural Burmese people. Disembark to visit Insein Market where a variety of street vendors sell colorful wares or meet the friendly locals before returning to Yangon to explore downtown.
Experience the “4days/3nights Taste of Yangon” from MYR 1,965 per person on a share-twin basis. The package includes an all-inclusive return in economy class on Malaysia Airlines, 3-nights’ accommodation with breakfast, meet & greet at the airport, return airport transfers, and the complimentary “Full Day City Sampler” tour. Offer valid until December 31, 2014.
In bringing customers closer to a true experience, Golden Holidays has launched a flagship Service Centre at KL Sentral around the corner from the Malaysia Airlines Journey Gateway and city check-in. This retail outlet offers personalized holiday consultations, travel booking, hotel reservations, and flight ticket arrangements. It is open Monday to Friday, from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and is closed on Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays.
For more information, call +603 2272 2160 or 2272 2163, email: email@example.com, or visit http://holiday.malaysiaairlines.com