A one way bus ticket, as recently established while in Nairobi, can cost as little at 1,500 Kenya shillings (US$17.23) between Nairobi and Mombasa, with the journey easily taking 8 to 10 hours. For marginally more, an additional 350 Kenya shillings (US$4.02) to be precise, some 4,000 lucky travelers can now fly to the coast on Kenya Airways’ low-cost offspring Jambojet after the airline launched a special promotion to honor the upcoming Mothers’ Day celebrations. Of course, for such special deals, extra special terms and conditions apply, but it boils down to the fastest 4,000 getting the hand into the cookie jar and out again, holding a ticket for a one-hour flight which never comes as cheap again as this one.
• Mother’s Day promo offers a one-way fare 1,850 (inclusive of fees) ($21.25) for flights within the month of May.
• 4,000 promo tickets each priced at 1850 will be only available from May 7-10, 2014.
• This promo fare is available and valid on early morning and evening flights only.
• Promo fare tickets are valid for use from May 7-31, 2014 only.
• Promo fare tickets can only be obtained via online booking.
• 4,000 promo fare tickets are available and will be all sold on a first come first served.
• Jambojet’s general terms and conditions apply.
Market observers attribute the promotional sales campaign at least in part to the present low season and the need to get enough passengers on each of the airline’s flights to make the operation viable in the long run.
Jambojet serves, besides Mombasa, also Eldoret and Kisumu with daily flights.
Visit their website for more details via www.jambojet.com