State and local travel and tourism experts will speak on the overall state of the industry and discuss ways that the Inland Empire is seizing on new opportunities for growth at the DiscoverIE Tourism Summit from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 18 at San Manuel Village, 27923 Highland Avenue in Highland.
The event will feature insights, tips and analysis from representatives of the state’s primary tourism marketing arm, Discover California; national tourism experts; and local Destination Marketing Organization representatives including Michael Krouse, President and CEO of the Greater Ontario Convention and Visitors Bureau.
“Travel is on the rise, and Southern California is one of the world’s top travel destinations,”
A complete list of speakers includes:
· Caroline Beteta, President and CEO of Visit California
· Brandon Feighner, Vice-President of PKF Consulting USA, LLC
· James Ramos, Third District Supervisor, County of San Bernardino
· Michael Krouse, President and CEO of the Greater Ontario Convention and Visitors Bureau
· Brian Tucker, Executive Director Inland Empire Tourism Council/DiscoverIE
· Steve Lengel, Executive Director of Operations, San Manuel Indian Bingo and Casino
· Juliet and E, singer/songwriters, who will debut the new “Get Out There” song to be used in a statewide consumer video contest.
Admission is $20 and includes an after party for networking with fine food, hors d’oeuvres and more. Visit http://discoverie.com/