Lake Geneva, WI (July 10, 2013) – The sounds of summer are officially ringing in the Lake Geneva area with an impressive lineup of musical acts available to visitors. With Lake Geneva’s pristine surroundings serving as the backdrop, there are live music events to please every visitors music likes. “From blues to brass quintets, Top 40 to jazz, and country to symphony orchestras, Lake Geneva’s musical acts make visits to the area even more memorable,” said Grace Eckland, marketing & PR director, Lake Geneva Area Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Country Thunder: Country music fans gather in the lush, green countryside of nearby Twin Lakes, Wis. as the Midwest’s four-day country music event is held July 18 to 21. Featuring award-winning artists, country music fans will hear headliners including Dierks Bently (Thursday, July 18th), Keith Urban (Friday, July 19th), Brad Paisley (Saturday, July 20th), and Jake Owen (Sunday, July 21st).
Music by the Lake: This concert series with Saturday and Sunday performances throughout July and August is set at the Ferro Pavilion overlooking Geneva Lake on the George Williams College Campus. Ticket prices vary with each performance. The lineup includes:
· Gala of the Stars: The Reunion (Saturday, July 13th) - After 12 exciting years of nurturing young artists in productions at Music by the Lake, Conductor Christine Flasch and Stage Director Carin Silkaitis will present distinguished alumni in the “top hits” from popular operas, operettas and musicals presented since 2002. Music by the Lake will showcase many of the singers in their former roles, and in blockbusters being considered for future seasons.
· Laurie Berkner Solo: "The You and Me Tour" (Sunday, July 21st) - Berkner strikes a chord with kids 1–8 and their parents in songs employing many different styles, rhythms and musical techniques. Her natural talent and joy of music making inspires kids to pick up an instrument or sing with style. Bring a stuffed animal, and get ready for fun and frolic.
· Teatro (Saturday, July 27th) - Recognized internationally as one of the world’s greatest theatrical vocal groups, Teatro’s four handsome, fun loving, dynamos—two from the UK and two from the US—sweep audiences away with a unique brand of exciting new-age Rat Pack-style vocals.
· The Canadian Brass (Sunday, August 4th) - The quintet that took brass playing to unprecedented heights, reaching music lovers throughout the world with crowd-pleasing arrangements, will bring the audience to its feet during this special Sunday at 4 Concert!
Concerts in the Park: Fellow music lovers meet every Thursday throughout July and August for complimentary concerts that begin at 7:00 p.m. at Flat Iron Park, a lakeside location in downtown Lake Geneva.
· Groundspeed Bluegrass Band (Thursday, July 18th) – Groundspeed Bluegrass Band performs a mix of traditional bluegrass and newgrass tunes. The band's four members blend banjo guitar dobro fiddle and upright bass delivering the unmistakable and original American sound of bluegrass.
· Mark & Gretch - Live By Request (Thursday, July 25th) – Mark & Gretch put on an interactive show where the audience helps to select the music that shapes each performance. A live performance incorporating a musical catalog spanning 30's torch, 1940's swing & big band, 50's & 60's Bop, Rockabilly and Motown, pop, rock, and country.
· The Lake Geneva Symphany Orchestra (Thursday, August 1st) - This volunteer ensemble is comprised of musicians from throughout southern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois. In the LGSO professional musicians, music teachers, adult beginners, high school students and everybody in between come together to perform the world's greatest music in an atmosphere focused on high performance standards, growing, and learning.
· “The Peter Guerin Show” (Thursday, August 8th) – This Show is actually three unique performances, The Crooners – Frank & Dean, Juke Box Days and of course Elvis. Peter’s talent, three octave range, love of performing, large repertoire of songs, along with his ability to capture and entertain his audience, keeps his fans returning year after year.
Burnin’ Down the Docks: Burnin’ Down the Docks is a celebration of blues, brews and barbeque set on The Waterfront of The Abbey Resort each Sunday throughout the summer. Visitors enjoy live music featuring lake area musicians and some of Chicagoland's best blues artists. This season features Keith Scott, David Harlan, and the Big Al Wetzel Band. Overlooking the beautiful Abbey Harbor, visitors also meet The Abbey "Pit Master" Matthew Whiteford and Abbey Chefs as they prepare BBQ on a traditional outdoor southern smoker.
Grand Geneva Resort & Spa Concerts: Set on the 1,300-acre grounds of the Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, visitors enjoy live music with lawn seating at the resorts ski chalet. This summers acts are Friday, July 13th with Geoff Landon & The Wolfpack who play everything from inspirational ballads to today’s hot country hits; and Friday, August 2nd with South of Disorder, an eleven-piece Jimmy Buffett tribute band with a full Coral Reefer-like horn section.
Acts run 7:30 pm to 10:30 pm. Admission is $10 per person; guests of the Grand Geneva Resort & Spa receive complimentary admission.