Simon Property Group, Inc. (NYSE:SPG), a leading global retail real estate company, has announced the launch of its Simon Shopping Destinations™ program. This industry-leading tourism initiative and incentive program for travel professionals was introduced last month in Las Vegas at the U.S. Travel Association’s IPW 2013.
Travel trade professionals including travel agencies, tour operators and receptive operators can earn a multitude of quarterly awards, including awards on a property-by-property basis. Participating properties in the Simon Shopping Destinations™ program include 25 Simon Malls®, 67 Premium Outlets®, and 10 Mills® properties.
To register for the program and view a complete list of participating properties, please go to www.simon.com/traveltrade.
The awards are as follows:
● One prize of $1,000 will be awarded each quarter to the travel professional that refers the most clients to any of the participating Simon properties.
● One prize of $250 will be awarded each quarter to the travel professional that refers the most clients to each Simon property (102 prizes awarded each quarter).
● One prize of $500 will be awarded each quarter to a travel professional that is randomly drawn.
The referral incentive program is valid from July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2014. Random drawings will take place on October 5, 2013, January 5, 2014, April 5, 2014, and July 5, 2014. There is no purchase necessary to win. Winning companies will be notified by email and prizes will be delivered by certified mail. Payment of federal, state and local taxes, or other fees are the responsibility of the winning companies.
“We believe this is the best incentive program in the industry,” said Mikael Thygesen, Chief Marketing Officer at Simon Property Group. “Simon will dispense over $100,000 on an annual basis to the travel and tourism professionals that help deliver customers to our properties.”
Consumers can experience world-class shopping across the U.S. with Simon Shopping Destinations. Featuring over one hundred properties located in major visitor markets across the portfolio of Simon Malls®, Premium Outlets® and The Mills®, Simon Shopping Destinations offers retail, entertainment and dining options for all budgets.
● Simon Malls provide unparalleled high-end, luxury retail and dining experiences for visitors. There are 25 premier Simon Malls located in top visitor destinations, including The Forum Shops at Caesars® in Las Vegas, The Florida Mall® in Orlando, The Galleria® in Houston, and Fashion Valley™ in San Diego.
● The Premium Outlets portfolio of upscale outlet shopping centers brings together the finest designer and name brands in unique outdoor settings. Simon® has 67 Premium Outlet Centers across the United States offering savings of 25 to 65 percent every day. Featured properties include Woodbury Common Premium Outlets® in the metropolitan New York City area, Desert Hills Premium Outlets® in Palm Springs and Las Vegas Premium Outlets™ with two distinct locations.
● The Mills offers ten unique shopping experiences with an impressive mix of popular name-brand outlets, value retailers and full-price stores, plus fine and family-oriented dining and entertainment concepts. Simon’s featured Mills properties include Sawgrass Mills® and The Colonnade Outlets in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, Florida; Ontario Mills® and The Outlets at Orange in Southern California and Potomac Mills® in the Washington D.C. area.
“Tourists consistently identify shopping as one of their favorite activities while on vacation,” Thygesen said. “Simon has more than 100 properties that are featured destinations in active travel markets, where shoppers will find a diversity of exciting experiences that provide quality, value and sought-after brands.”