GTA has reorganised its accommodation sourcing team in the Americas, signalling its determination to find the right accommodation at the right price that will satisfy rising numbers of fully independent travellers from around the world. It comes as AlliedTPro’s FIT Hotel Sourcing team, and that of GTA Hotel Sourcing for North America, integrate as part of Kuoni Global Travel Services, leveraging their collective buying power to offer agents and travel selling businesses worldwide even greater choice across the continent.
Among the world’s leading wholesalers for fully independent travel (FIT) accommodation, services, attractions and experiences, GTA aims to increase its partnerships with hotels and resorts in the USA, Canada and Latin America with rates and availability that are most relevant for domestic and international visitors.
Led by industry veteran Sean Bayliss, Vice President for Sourcing Americas, the new structure will support GTA’s strategy to offer even more choice to travel selling businesses in even more parts of the world. Sean joins GTA from AlliedTPro and brings 25 years’ senior management and leadership experience in many aspects of the travel industry, including leading his own destination management company in Las Vegas. For the last two decades he has been based in the USA, building a career encompassing contracting and account management, marketing and sales, operations and product development, as well as leisure Groups and escorted tours. He has worked for recognised US travel brands Americantours International, Allied Tours and Bonotel Exclusive Travel.
Sean’s team is headed by:
- Adam Rogers, Head of Sourcing East and Business Development. Adam’s career has included British Airways Holidays and First Choice, Go America Tours, FTI North America, HotelBeds and AlliedTPro with senior roles in marketing, contracting and product development.
- Karin Omojola, Head of Sourcing West. Karin’s wide-ranging hospitality experience includes a number of big brand names throughout the United States. She offers an extensive background in hotel operations and sales plus 13 years of contracting and product development for Bonotel Exclusive Travel and AlliedTPro.
- Renata Cenni, Area Sourcing Manager Latin America. A Brazilian national, Renata Cenni has spent more than a decade with Eurolink and GTA honing her abilities in sales and contracting. She has quickly advanced to handle all GTA’s hotel partner relationships in Latin America.
- Ingrid Richards, Support Team Manager. Ingrid’s long-standing reservations and systems experience in the hotel industry with Accor and with GTA gives her significant insight into information hotels rely on and the most effective solutions to offer.
- Hylton Fothergill, Senior Development Executive. Hylton joins from AlliedTPro after more than 15 years’ sales, operations and marketing experience drawn from hotels, services, experiences and destinations.
GTA has brought in fresh skills with new hires from convention and visitor bureaux, hotels, international tour operators and receptives adding to the already extensive experience of existing teams. Staff based throughout North America will be overseen from five satellite offices – Las Vegas, Honolulu, Miami, Orlando and New York – by Julie Bideaux for the Northeast & Canada, Ketty Celifie for the Northwest & Canada, Maria Vazquez for Florida & the South, Selda Dodanli for Las Vegas & the Southwest, Yelena Pshennaya for New York and Lisa Kahue for Hawaii. In Latin America, teams are led by Roberta Chiaperro and Michelle Da Silva for Brazil, Romina Manotas for Argentina and Chile, and Irma Ruiz for Mexico
GTA’s dedicated Extranet Support Team is becoming increasingly important as more and more hoteliers take advantage of round-the-clock, online access to quickly amend information about their hotel as the market dictates. Led by Jelena Parojcic-Diggin for the Americas, it will support Sean’s teams and GTA’s accommodation partners throughout the region.
All will be helped by Ingrid Richards, who leads the Sourcing Support Team based in New York.
Connect with GTA today at www.gta-travel.com.