Sunday, February 17, 2013
The Mekong Unexplored
Pandaw River Cruise Lines will be making a limited number of longer river expeditions with the objective of reaching the rarely visited dolphin grounds on the upper river close to the Laos border. The second objective will be a first ever circumnavigation of the great Tonle Lake.
This ten night cruise visits remote areas that other larger vessels cannot reach and can only be tried in the late monsoon, or just after, to take advantage of the water levels.
· embark in Saigon city centre and explore the Saigon River
· cruise the delta back waters including the floating market of Can Tho, the largest floating market in Asia
· Phnom Penh by cyclo
· dolphin watching on the upper river
· lost temples at Wat Nokor
· floating villages on the Tonle lake
· NGO circus school at Battambang
· amazing bird sanctuaries on the Tonle Lake
Launched in late 2012, the Angkor Pandaw is the perfect ship for this expedition with only sixteen cabins over two decks. Unlike other Mekong cruise ships she can pass under bridges when water is high, so sails from Saigon city port, and with her shallow draft go further when water is low.
The atmosphere on so small ship is intimate and very sociable with a help yourself bar and an open deck lounge area. In fact, it is more like being on a very glamorous private yacht than a cruise ship!
Saigon to Siem Reap
1st July – 11th July 2013
29 July – 8th August 2013
26th August – 5th September 2013
Prices from $2,450 per person with early bird discounts.