The St. Regis Deer Valley, an exclusive hotel located in Utah's Park City vacation mecca, is the most expensive ski hotel in the United States. That’s the finding of a new survey conducted by Luxury-Hotels.com
The survey compared all luxury hotels located inside ski resorts based on their rates for a standard double room. As a result, the stated dollar figures represent the minimum amount guests will have to pay to stay at each respective hotel.
One night in the St. Regis Deer Valley resort will cost travelers an average of $1243. Worldwide, only two luxury hotels in Europe are more expensive: the Suites de La Potinière, located in the French Alps, and the Aurelio Lech, located in Western Austria’s Lech am Arlberg. The nightly rates at these two luxury hotels average $1878 and $2001 respectively for a standard double room.
In addition to St. Regis, three other luxury hotels located within U.S. ski resorts made it into the Top 10. They are the Ritz Carlton in Vail, Colorado; the Amangani in Jackson Hole, Wyoming; and the Little Nell in Aspen, Colorado.
Following is the full ranking of the 10 most expensive luxury ski hotels in the world. The rates listed are based on the average price for a standard double room during the period spanning January 14 to March 31, 2013.
1. Aurelio Lech (Lech am Arlberg, Austria) US$2011
2. Les Suites de la Potinière (Courchevel, France) US$1878
3. St. Regis Deer Valley (Park City, Utah, United States) US$1243
4. Almhof Schneider (Lech am Arlberg, Austria) US$1225
5. The Ritz-Carlton Residences (Vail, Colorado, United States) US$1214
6. La Palace des Neiges (Courchevel, France) US$1165
7. Amangani (Jackson Hole, Wyoming, United States) US$1113
8. La Sivolière (Courchevel, France) US$1065
9. Le Mélézin (Courchevel, France) US$1061
10. The Little Nell (Aspen, Colorado, United States) US$1037
Check the full results of the survey at: