MONTEREY, CA-- The Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa offers extensive meeting facilities that are much more than a space to work. It's a place where your meeting attendees will enjoy world-class amenities, while you relax in the knowledge our expert staff is on hand to assist with every detail. The meeting space offers a “campus-like setting” with no distractions. Attendees can easily move from indoor to outdoor between meetings which offers a more productive and inspiring environment.
The first quarter of 2013, the ballrooms and meeting spaces will undergo a $6 million major renovation. The renovation will be themed “LAND, EDGE, SEA.” The Monterey coast has been described in literature as “the greatest meeting of land and sea”. It is a place of sublime beauty and fertile land, with a coastline that is unequaled in its sense of power and drama. Centered on this coastline, Monterey captures an atmosphere of intense energy and inspiration and has become a favored destination for anyone seeking rejuvenation of mind and spirit and a gathering place for poets, writers, artists and musicians.
The new design for the Monterey Ballroom and the Monterey Conference Center at the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa are inspired by this “great meeting” and will reflect the unique characteristics and drama of a location that fosters such creativity.
• The creation of meeting suites with inviting seating arrangements. Guests will experience an almost a living room like-feel.
• With the theme of LAND, EDGE, SEA, guests will experience:
• The Land of The Monterey Ballroom theme is based around the agricultural land and coastline and will provide a calm, fertile ground concept aimed at nurturing life and creativity. Warm earthy colors, repetitive patterns and contrasting textures will complete this concept. The carpet design was inspired by the rhythmic pattern of farm land furrows against the dynamic texture of rugged coast line. The main feature wall expresses undulating pattern inspired by the rolling agricultural hills.
• The Edge and Sea come together in the Monterey Conference Center with waves, coastal bluffs and whales. This area will add verticality, contour, drama and intersection of the land and sea! The main facade to the ballrooms features organic-shape “fins”, whose design was evolved from the pectoral fin of migrating Blue Whale in the Monterey Bay. Dynamic play of cleft coastal bluff and surging waves was gracefully expressed in carpet design. There is a layering ceiling pattern inspired by the encroaching marine fog.
• The Sea is about deep ocean and shimmering water. The life force of intensity, power and raw energy. These themed areas will be bold, powerful, organic and free flowing. The carpet design was inspired by the continuously evolving, shimmering school of fish against deep ocean blue.
• Other enhancement include:
• State of the art digital signage
• An expansion of the pre-function space
• 10’ x 10’ glass projector screen to display promotional messages, program of events, messages and more.
Background on the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa Meeting Facilities:
They Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa meeting facilities are the largest from the San Francisco Bay area to LA. Our team provides everything needed to host a productive and memorable event.
• Over 40,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, including indoor and outdoor facilities
• On-site audio-visual experts
• New designed 24 hour business center and Wi-Fi Internet access throughout the hotel
• Enticing catering including creative menus
• Extensive on-site activities including Accista Spa Monterey Bay Racquet Club and Pebble Beach Company's Del Monte Golf Course
• Delicious on-site dining, including indoor and outdoor venues
• Programs for corporate tournaments, games and families, from team building to offsite excursions
• 550 spacious guestrooms Individual controls for climate, sound, music, telephones, multiple electrical / microphone outlets, audiovisual equipment, and 100V single-phase and 220V single-phase electricity.